Saturday, September 14, 2013

Singapore So Far

Hello world!  This is my first official post from SINGAPORE!  I am on my way to being fully settled in here - we just moved into our housing last week - and things are going well!

The first month we were here we stayed in the Equarius Hotel at Resorts World Sentosa (where the Universal Studios park is).  It was nice because we could walk to work...buuuuut also mostly sucked because we had no luxuries of home.  The rooms were nice, but we couldn't really do much in the way of making food or storing our stuff.  So, we basically lived out of our suitcases and ate out for a whole month, which, if you know me, nearly killed me!  I wanted nothing more than to wake up and make my traditional morning omelet!

Well, now we are in our condos and I am SO happy!  I've made an omelet nearly every morning!  :)  I really could not have moved into a better space - the kitchen is basically fully equipped.  We have the normal stuff, like a toaster and a kettle, but we ALSO have a juicer, a blender, a food processor, a rice cooker/slow cooker...I'm in foodie heaven!  The only thing missing is a mixer, which I plan to take care of very soon ;)  I feel like any time not spent at work or the grocery store (or on my computer) I spend in the kitchen, and I LOVE it!  I had my reservations about living here for a year during that first month, but now that I have an actual living space and am doing more of my normal routine, I feel much more comfortable with being here.  Not to mention I have cool roommates, who are great to talk to and also either don't mind or join in my food obsession :)

As for my actual job, it's going great!  My first week on shift was a bit stressful - 6 full days in a row of rehearsals and/or shows - but I've gathered from others that that's not a typical schedule.  I've now had two days off and am only working afternoons today and tomorrow, so I've been able to recuperate a bit, which is nice :)  The show is SO much fun!  Especially when we have great audiences!  They get so into it and it makes me really love what I'm doing, even on those last couple days this week when I felt totally exhausted.  It's TOTALLY different than what I did on the cruise ship in that this show is *intense* physically.  On the ship, I basically did park 'n bark - not too demanding physically.  But THIS - well, this is the exact opposite!  I haven't had to do any extra cardio at the gym because the show gives me plenty of it (I've actually had trouble keeping weight on because there isn't a lot of protein in the diets here AND I was burning a lot during rehearsals/shows - but now that I can make my own food I should be able to remedy that!).

That's the short little run down of things for now!  Time to go get ready for my first parade shift - here goooooooooes!!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment