Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sugary Side Note...

I know I just made a post, but I have to share something else too.

Today I finally made it to the West Des Moines Library (which is literally right across the street, walking distance, which is awesome) and got a library card [cue Arthur song - "Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card!"] so I could check out the cookbook section.  Turns out, that section is HUGE!!!!!!  I felt like I died and went to heaven!

As I was searching for a couple specifics I spotted a few candy books and then one called, "Oh, Fudge!"  My interested was immediately intrigued.  I have always loved making fudge, even though I still haven't gotten particularly good at it (although I did manage to get one of my fudge recipes in the State Fair Cookbook a few years back, so I guess I'm not a total failure lol).  It's such an exact science, and I have more flops than successes, but I enjoy the challenge and want to get better at it.  I saw that this book had both special tips and recipes, so I snatched it up.  I read the tips & tricks, which I can't wait to use, and then I found the recipes...


OMG I WANT TO MAKE EVERY RECIPE IN THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!  I love non-traditional types of fudge, and this book has more than I've ever seen.  Some examples:

Coconut Fudge
Chocolate Banana Fudge
Coffee Fudge
Cherry Almond Fudge
Honey Brown Sugar Fudge
Gingerbread Fudge
Pina Colada Fudge
Kahlua Mocha Fudge
Black Cherry Fudge
Lemon-Licorice Fudge
Orange Sherbet Fudge
Peaches n Cream Fudge

How do I decide with options like that?!  If anyone has flavors that sound particularly delicious, please share them in the comments section below!  I need help deciding!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate banana fudge and Kahlua Mocha Fudge look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry almond sounds awesome to me!!!

    ReplyDelete