Thursday, June 23, 2011

Time Flies

I frequently wish there were more than 24 hours in a day.  I love staying busy, and that's how I keep myself sane, but sometimes I wish I could keep doing the things that keep me busy AND have an hour or two to myself that's not at 11pm.  I was going to post yesterday about the Dulce de Leche I made, but I had to run an errand after work, went to see Company in theatres (which was AMAZING) and then when I stopped after the movie to pick up an ingredient for my cake around 10:30  I managed to lock myself out of my car and the locksmith didn't get there until 11:20.  So, my night was sufficiently filled with part fun and part unexpected frustration.

But, I'm home now!  We're in our final week of performances for The Wedding Singer (which you haven't come to see it yet, shame on you and get your butt there!), which is very bittersweet.  On the one hand, after it's over I'll FINALLY have my evenings back (which will be far more conducive to baking) but, on the other hand, it will be hard to say goodbye to both a fun cast and a character I've truly enjoyed playing night after night for the past month.

With the show, I usually get home around 10:30, which leaves me with about an hour to do anything/everything I didn't get to do the rest of the day.  Today, that means making my Dulce de Leche Banana Cake.  I made my homemade Dulce de Leche two days ago, and it seemed to turn out very nicely:

Putting the condensed milk in a water both, covered with foil
 
 Fresh outta the oven - just slightly burned on the edges, but not too bad!

Whiskin' it up, good creamy consistency!

With that, I went ahead got to make the cake tonight!  It's in the oven as we speak.  Here's hoping it turns out as well as I want it to :)  G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment