Wednesday, June 29, 2011

If only there were more hours in the day

So here we are again, after midnight, making a post.  Why?  Because apparently it's the only time I find to do this.  The Wedding Singer has officially closed - the withdrawal is starting to set in - which *theoretically* means I should have more time, right?  Not really.  Granted, my time has been taken by things I want to do which is good, but in my eagerness to regain a social life I haven't quite allotted "me" time, and right now "me" time really means "food" time.  I did, however, finish the Dulce de Leche Banana Cake I talked about before, and it turned out really well!

 Fresh out of the oven!  It rose quite a bit and the center fell a bit, but overall it turned out well.  Just had to slice the top off to create an even top.

 Cooled and turned out of the pan.  God bless parchment paper!!!

Finished product, with a rather interesting and tasty cream cheese frosting.

I took this to the show last Thursday night both as a treat and a birthday surprise for some of our fellow castmembers' bdays.  It seemed to get all around praise (even a couple naughty reactions ;) ) so I think it's a keeper!  Not sure what I'd enter it in, but I'll find something!

And now, bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment